Get ready for some outstanding storytelling this October!
We’re especially excited to be working with Historic Hudson Valley to co-produce an evening of storytelling at Washington Irving’s Sunnyside. Instead of our usual monthly theme, we’re celebrating our form of great American storytelling at the home of America’s first great author.
Two hundred years ago, Irving gave you Ichabod Crane, Rip Van Winkle and the Headless Horseman. For this special night, we bring you six of the best modern storytellers : Moth superstars, local storytelling masters, and seasoned entertainers sharing their best true stories. Adventures and embarrassments, loves and joys, achievements and defeats – you’ll experience them all. The evening’s line-up:
– Bonnie Levison (Moth Radio Hour, Central Park SummerStage, Nantucket Comedy Festival, The Story Barn)
– Sandi Marx (Moth champ featured on Moth Radio Hour, Risk!, Yum’s the Word, “You’ll Be Sorry” solo show
– Isaac Oliver (author of Intimacy Idiot – one of NPR’s best books 2015, recurring evenings at Joe’s Pub at the Public Theater)
– Jim Keyes (beloved co-creator, composer and performer at Irving’s Legend and Dickens’ Christmas Carol, founding member of the Hot Rod Pacer band)
– Jeff Solomon (Moth champ, award-winning playwright performs solo plays The Santa Closet and Mother/SON)
– Jim O’Grady (Moth champ, WNYC reporter featured on NPR, Studio360, This American Life)
Join us under a grand tent, with Irving’s stately home and the beautiful Hudson River providing the backdrop for the season’s best evening of storytelling. Irvington’s Wolfert’s Roost will be on hand selling beer, wine and seasonal bites.
This is one you won’t want to miss. We’re expecting tickets to sell-out, so get yours now!
When: Oct 15, 7:30pm doors (8pm show)
Theme: STORY JAM @ Sunnyside
Venue: Washington Irving’s Sunnyside, Tarrytown
*One more important change to note : Due to the size of expected audience, there’ll be no pie bake-off at this event. There will be food & drink concessions. Check our schedule for other opportunities to indulge your monthly pie cravings!